Everything Greyhound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why still doing the amendment suit

Go down

Why still doing the amendment suit Empty Why still doing the amendment suit

Post by dad2paisley Fri 02 Oct 2020, 2:32 pm

They haven't even gone to court yet and by time they do the Fl tracks will be closed. So why are they continuing this? If they win, there will be no tracks in FL anymore. Waste of time and money now. I love greyhounds and greyhound racing but maybe FL should just move on. And who is going to re-start opening a new track since the ones left are already sold, so they can't use them. All and all it's sad.

Try to keep the other tracks in WV and Iowa open.

Admin

https://everythinggreyhound.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why still doing the amendment suit Empty Re: Why still doing the amendment suit

Post by greydaddy Fri 02 Oct 2020, 2:41 pm

I was always wondered why the gh industry didn't do more PR and advertising. I blame the NGA for the demise of gh racing too. They never helped any and also the track owners who really didn't want racing just poker rooms are probably happier now.
At least all the dogs got adopted out and I am sure the remaining will to once the last ones close. I really don't see any outrage from people now, so I guess they gave up.
Will the tracks that have poker rooms still stay open or will they close to?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Ciampa Fri 02 Oct 2020, 5:52 pm

We have not only gone to court, but we've gotten the case move to the 11th Circuit Court in Atlanta. The judges have agreed to hear the case and out lawyer has submitted the paperwork.

The three remaining tracks can stop racing right now if they want, they can run till the end of the year or they can continue into next year. There is no penalty for running into next year at the moment and there can't be till the legislature goes back into session in early March and decides to take this matter up. The legislature will determine the penalty for racing and they penalty will only be from the date they agree on what it is going forward so no fines can be retroactive. The legislature can decide to fine the tracks $10.00 a day if they want so if a track wants to pay the state $365.00 a year they could keep running if that was the amount of the fine.

Save Working Animals is helping in WV, Iowa, Texas and Kansas. Whatever help these states need SWA will do what they can to help.

Don't quit, fight. G2K, PETA, HSUS and the ASPCA hope people stop fighting. They win if you stop.

The greyhound industry needed to more PR, but in Florida I blame the FGA. I tried to get them to advertise and fight G2K, but they were content with fighting in the legislature. Once G2k did their end round and got it on the ballot all the lies they told and we never refuted had become truths.

My saying is in the absence of truth people believe lies, they have no other choice.

Greyhound Chronicles needs to be spread around. Every Saturday there is a new post and sometimes during the week.

Check out Pro greyhound Movement

https://www.facebook.com/groups/470273329733654/

Keep Greyhounds Racing.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/123524005221821/

We need people to spread the word about these sites.

Protect the Harvest goes after the HSUS a lot along with these other groups including DxE who is like the new ALF.

https://www.facebook.com/ProtectTheHarvest/

I always wear either a greyhound shirt when I go out and I now have a couple of Protect the Harvest shirts. i had someone ask what protect the Harvest was and I got a chance to explain about how these groups that people think are good groups are trying to end all animal agriculture. No puppies, no kittens, if you like to eat meat they want no more cattle ranches sheep farms pig farms they want you be become a vegan. Most vegans are nice people that don't want to force they way on everyone, but these groups do.

the guy left in disbelief shaking his head and the last thing I told him was he shouldn't believe me, he should go home and check it out for himself because I know he will find what I said is true.

So help spread the word and donate if you can. People in the last five years donated over 2 BILLION dollars to Grey2K, PETA, HSUS and the ASPCA. These four groups said thank you by taking 667 million in salary and compensation.

Dick Ciampa

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Fri 02 Oct 2020, 10:17 pm

Thanis for your post. I heard I guess different things like OPKC closing Dec 2 and Derby Lane is closing well before the Jan date.

March. By then the tracks would have all closed. OPKC already cut 2 days now.

If we win in March, and the tracks are all closed, will they reopen? I don't think so. And are there any new owners that would want to start up gh racing other places in FL. FL is a big state with lots of land.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Ciampa Sat 03 Oct 2020, 12:20 am

I know DL announced they were closing Dec. 27th, but I hadn't heard about OP. Things can change, but whether they do or not we'll see. There is a lot of money that will be floating around looking for a place to land.
Last fiscal year the three tracks still running handled 330 million dollars and all of Florida handled over 500 million.

My guess is PB is the most likely to stay open as they send their signal all over the world.

I doubt you will see someone open a new track unless, and I doubt this, it's the Indians. I don't know if taxes would have to be paid if a track was built on sovereign land, but I've seen no indication the Indians would do this.

I think the two WV tracks are in the best shape and handle seems to be up and Iowa is having a banner year.

I see Wayne Pacelle just got subpoenaed again.

https://humanewatch.org/breaking-former-hsus-ceo-subpoenaed-regarding-sexism-cover-up/

Dick Ciampa

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Wed 07 Jul 2021, 4:26 pm

Had their court date last Friday. No verdict yet.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum