Everything Greyhound
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting Closer

Go down

Getting Closer Empty Getting Closer

Post by dad2paisley Mon 03 Feb 2020, 10:29 pm

2021 will be here soon. So, will greyhound racing end in Fl. I read other tracks are having their last stake races or big promotions. Will it end or will the bill be overturned?

Will be at OPKC in March. This might be our last time there. :(

Admin

https://everythinggreyhound.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Getting Closer Empty Re: Getting Closer

Post by Dick Ciampa Tue 04 Feb 2020, 3:52 pm

Even if we are successful in overturning the vote I think most, maybe all, the Florida tracks will close. Many of the tracks have already sold their land. Tracks like SOKC and Daytona will close early. I think Daytona at the end of March and SO in June.

No matter what happens it is important to keep pushing forward and not give up. If we win the case it will be important to WV and Iowa and who knows maybe Kansas if they reopen. Remember Kansas can reopen tomorrow if they want, but the bad deal with how much the state wants from the slots is what closed those tracks.

This is why it is important to support Support Working Animals as they haven't given up and neither should we.

Dick Ciampa

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Wed 05 Feb 2020, 1:04 pm

I pray we win and sad too.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Wed 12 Feb 2020, 2:42 pm

If gh racing ends in FL. We will only have WV, Iowa. Then in a few years, what will all the greyhound groups who hold events do?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greydaddy Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:37 pm

It's sad and the workers feel that nothing is being done for them.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Sat 21 Mar 2020, 2:44 pm

Sad days some tracks closed and OPKC Closed for virus.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Ciampa Sat 21 Mar 2020, 5:36 pm

Gladys Moore
2 hrs ยท

Cal Holland, he is President of the Tampa Bay Greyhound Association, just got a call from Derby Lane Greyhound Track management. They will be giving each racing kennel $2500 a week to cover dog food, maintenance & employee wages. That is a huge burden and worry lifted off our backs. We now know that we can take proper care of the greyhounds and pay our staff. They are also going to let us run schooling races so we can keep the dogs in good shape physically. Kudos to Derby Lane, they are a class act.

Dick Ciampa

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Sat 21 Mar 2020, 10:39 pm

That’s is good. So is DL closed for good.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dick Ciampa Sat 21 Mar 2020, 11:42 pm

dad2paisley wrote:That’s is good. So is DL closed for good.

I don't think so. Near the end of the statement they said they are going to let the kennels run unofficial schooling races to keep the dogs in shape. I would take that to mean that by keeping the dogs in shape they can hit the ground running when they can race again. All dogs will need to officially school, but the kennels wouldn't have to get the dogs in racing shape before official schooling.

I guess time will tell.

Dick Ciampa

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:23 am

That is good.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greydaddy Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:35 am

I feel sorry for the tracks that closed sooner then they where too. And now they have to haul these pups during this time of crisis.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:14 pm

I still don't know why the tracks, I guess the owner of it is closing.

Years ago when I had my forum going, we talked about how to keep gh racing going. Get big sponsors i.e. Pepsi, Coke, or Bud to help the tracks and then in turn the tracks will promote them in stakes races etc. Go full out on tv about how gh racing is fun for all. Get some good people elected and involved with the local govt. Get the gh out on tv, etc. Get the track owners out who aren't full into the gh racing aspect.
So, after many, many posts and talks, the threads stopped. I had some gh folks on the forum. It seemed they didn't want to go that route and the NGA was no help. Just like with the FL issue, no help from the NGA.
So when this bill was coming up, everyone had little time to have a game plan and most of the voter's had no clue voting Yes would hurt the industry. Only if years ago they would have had a plan, cause you know G2K was not going away and see what happened. All the track people I talk too seem like they can't do anything. That is wrong, they needed to fight years ago and maybe this would not have happened. I am sad and upset, I love gh racing but I blame the gh folks for not doing things years ago when they knew what might happen. Rant over.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by greydaddy Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:20 pm

I feel your frustration D2P. I see fb folks all sad, but yes they should have maybe done some what you all discussed. I remember those topics, that is one reason I joined here. To come together and keep gh racing going. But if the track owners don't want it anymore, the gh folks don't have the funds to buy the tracks. We still have a chance with the lawsuit. At least if the bill is overturned, gh racing will be allowed in the state, it will be if anyone will open new tracks or buy the ones that ended. I heard some tracks are already sold so you have to start over some different places in the state.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dad2paisley Thu 26 Mar 2020, 7:24 pm

I talked with some die hard gh betters folks when we where at OP a few weeks ago. They love the gh racing and betting and most part coming to the tracks to be with their friends. They don't know what they are going to do when it ends. I guess a better will always find another way to bet. These folks where not poker people either.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum